Lifetime Warranty! THIS IS THE BEST CABLE CONVERSION ON THE MARKET! WE HAVE THE BEST CABLE CONSTRUCTION OF ANY CONVERSION KITS AND GUARANTEE IT! MADE IN THER USA!
Jeep Wrangler 1997-2006 Cable Shifter Assembly to replace the mechanical linkage of your transfer case. WILL NOT WORK ON RUBICONS check out 241 for the Rubicon.
This design is easy to install and easily adjusts to the tub. Get rid of the messy mechanical linkage.
Use your existing t-case shifter.
ATTN: California Customers: Prop 65
1. From inside the vehicle pull up the carpet and remove the four 10mm bolts that hold the stock shifter bushing mount
2. Support the transmission underneath the vehicle by using a transmission jack or a jack stand and a piece of wood under the pan
3. Remove the factory skid plate cross member and set to the side
4. Remove old shift linkage at shifter by using a body panel removal tool. You may need to cut the stock plastic bushing on the side that sticks out (do not remove the bushing)
5. Remove the two 9/16 nuts from the transfer case that hold on the stock bracket
6. Remove the nut holding the stock shifter arm to the transfer case and save the nut and washer. You may need to pry lightly to remove the stock shifter am
7. After the old linkage is removed replace the upper nut on the transfer case as your new bracket will bolt to the bottom two studs of the transfer case
8. Install your new shifter arm to the transfer case by reusing the stock nut and washer
9. Install the new body mounted bracket using the four (4) 5/16″ bolts from inside the vehicle. You may need to get all four (4) bolt threads started before tightening any of them down fully because of the shape of the body
10. Install the transfer case bracket on the bottom two studs of the transfer case and make sure all your bolts are tight before installing the cable
11. Install the shifter cable on the bracket. Use the quick release pins provided to connect the cable to the shifter and the transfer case shifter arm
12. Adjust the cable length until all gears engage correctly